Financial Power Of Attorney

Should you become incompetent for any reason, someone will need to handle you financial matters. Without a Power of Attorney you will need a Conservator and or Guardian appointed by the Probate Court to handle your affairs. Such an appointment would require bonds to be posted with the court and annual returns filed with the Probate Court. This is complicated and costly.

A properly drafted and executed Power of Attorney gives your designated agent the authority to handle all or only specified financial affairs for you. It should be a Durable Power of Attorney to survive your incompetency.

Please contact us to discuss your questions with an attorney.